Sunday, 22 March 2009

Deadly Diplomacy & the benefits of blogging

Well, there are advantages to keeping a blog – even if it IS neglected and ignored by the world at large (hem, hem, take note all of you who are not reading this) – such as being able to look up the last time I was sick...... which was …... (in my “other” blog actually)..... was 23rd February – about a month ago. Why o why o why does it keep happening to me??? Acksherally I will share something that the yoghurt-instructor of a friend of mine said – that if she couldn't shake off her illness then she was just going to have to make friends with it. It's certainly true that fighting against things you can't change just makes them a whole lot worse, but I am a little concerned that I've made such good friends with this one particular nasty little virus that it's taken up permanent residence inside my insides somewhere – and comes rattling out regularly every 3 or 4 weeks to lay siege to my embattled immune system again.
My brain feels so dreadfully tired and I'm aching everywhere, but I think that has a lot to do with me having had a bit of a traumatic day. This has to do with the ghashtly ball-kicking juvenile yobbos who have been plaguing us with an apocalypse-like din. On the instructions of the circumlocution officers (those who keep going around in circles and never getting anything done), we were collecting evidence of their nefarious activities in the form of photographs. This displeased “The Eyes” and the family of “The Eyes” who are all rather dark and over-sized about the occular appendages... and words had been exchanged between ourselves and “The Eyes” on a number of previous occasions – and we had been accused of being paedophiles – yeeech. Anyhoo, the nocturnal primate in question cornered me in a very aggressive manner after my nice-walk-alone-in-the-park and demanded explanations and apologies and threatened violence against Tiddlebat, our young and our nice front door. Well, wow, gee-gosh, wizz, instead of getting into a temper with him (and his grand-mother who came out to join the fray) I was exceedingly diplomatic and in the end we saw eye-to-eye (ha-ha) – and they being the sort of local bruisers and thugs have agreed to sort out the young hooligans for us and sent them packing forth-with. It sounds great, I geuss, and we have realised now that all they were worried about was them being in our photos and being busted by the fuzz for their narcotic usage and dealing etc, wot goes on in the garden below – which is pretty awful on account of the noxious fumes of a plant not inappropriately referred to as “skunk.” So I guess now they are kind of our protectors in an uncomfortably mafia-like way – and we are their protectors because of us turning a blind eye and not reporting their illegal activities to the fuzz-bags. All very cosy and pleasant, you might say.
Unfortunately tho I am not much of one for dealing with conflicts and I ended up bursting into tears when I was talking to them and am still pretty frazzled because they were very scary and threatening and not at all very nice. In addition I am suffering from a malady of a hormonal description that makes me inclined to get rather emotional and argue a great deal – well only with Tiddlebat obviously, which is kinda fortunate considering how things turned out today. Stress always has the horrid side-effect with me that it can turn into depression, which has definitely hit me now. Boo hoo. Well writing this has made me feel better which is another benefit of keeping a blog... even if it IS neglected and ignored by the world at large.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pages!
    we like your blogging style and we want to advertise your blog.
    If you want us to link your blog in our site,
    put us in your blogroll, write in a mail :

    1.your site/blog address;
    2.a representative image of your blog (if you have one);
    3.a detailed description of your site.
    4.hope that from today you will earn more from your ads (if you have).

    we would be honored to advertise your blog on our blog!
    anyway my friend, keep on with your great work!


    I.L.Y.S. staff
    "I link your site"

    ReplyDelete